I’m not usually a fan of aliens. Really I’m not. They give me nightmares and take me on their spaceships and run crazy experi….I mean they’re not real at all and nothing ever happened. It was all a dream. Just a crazy dream.
I blame Kevin Emerson. It’s all his fault. He wrote this book…about aliens and stuff. Maybe you’ve heard of it? Anyway, to make up for the
alien abductions dreams, he’s here today to tell us all the warning signs of an imminent alien attack. A little too late for me, but thanks for trying.
Top Ten Signs that You May Soon be On the Run from Extra-Terrestrials Bent on World Domination
10. You notice sometimes that time seems to go by really fast, almost like you missed it, and you have to reset your bedroom clock.
9. You have this weird song in your head that goes “Shoop shoop ba-doop.” When you look it up, you find out it’s from 1994. Who is Salt-N-Pepa? You weren’t even alive in back then. It’s probably your parents’ fault, or is it?
8. Even though it’s four in the afternoon, you are absolutely craving pancakes.
7. Every clown you see looks more creepy than usual. Also, they look like they would be really good at mixed martial arts.
6. You have this weird sense of déjà vu, like you’ve done all this before, like this same day is repeating over and over…
5. Your town seems to have a lot of construction going on, almost like they’re doing something really big underground.
4. You have a strange urge to itch behind your left ear.
3. You remember a place called Juliette, but you can’t find it on any map.
2. You keep hearing a radio station in your mind.
1. You just got a letter that you won the Fellowship for Alien Detection.
I don’t know about you, but I’m still waiting on my acceptance letter! Uh, I mean…who’s Salt-N-Pepa anyway?
I had the privilege of reading an advance copy of The Fellowship for Alien Detection a few months ago. One word: Unputdownable! If you read any middle-grade book this year, you’ll want to make sure this is the one! And now’s your chance. Kevin has graciously agreed to giveaway a copy of The Fellowship to one lucky reader. Just enter your name below for a chance to win!
Thanks for joining us here at the Mixed-Up Files today Kevin! I’ve got this informative list neatly packed away in my 72 hour kit, you know, for my next
alien abduction dream.
Amie Borst writes fairy tales with a twist with her 12-year-old daughter. Their first book, Cinderskella, releases October 2013 by Jolly Fish Press.
Sign of aliens: my students start listening to me. 😉
@Heidi Grange, ha! that literally made me LOL!
When my dog starts speaking and walking on his hind legs.
@Stacy, mine does that already. O_o!
This would be a hit with my fourth graders!
@Stacey, yes it would! it really suits the broad range of MG from 8 year olds up to 13 year olds!
my alien invasion signal is when all the green M&M are gone.
@Roxanne Scheringer, maybe that’s what gives aliens their green colored skin?
My son loves aliens. Our number one sign is that they don’t quite fit in.
@PragmaticMom, that’s for sure!
This book sounds like a hoot, and I absolutely LOVE the cover! So cool.
@Melanie Conklin, And my alien invasion signal is definitely thousands of birds heading in one direction or another together in a panic. Every time that happens on film, I’m like, WHY AREN’T these people freaking out?
@Melanie Conklin, That totally creeps me out, too! Remember when that happened a few years ago on New Years Ever? Crazy!!
When all vehicles start driving themselves and plants start growing at abnormal rates due to the close proximity of the extra terrestrial life forms.
Thanks for the giveaway!
@Dena, maybe we should harvest some of those plants. Think of how many people we could feed! Unless you’re talking about Little shop of horror man-eating plants, then I’m running the other direction!
Very excited about this book and thrilled that you are offering a giveaway! I’m crossing my fingers 🙂
How will I know when aliens are invading the earth?? Hmm…well, as a past HUGE X-Files fan, I’ll know when Mulder and Skully show up at my door 😉
@Jill, I think if Mulder and Skully showed up at my door they’d have to catch me before I passed out!
Looks like a great book! I love aliens. 🙂
@Angie, i’ll send them your way tonight when they come for me!