Greetings STEM Tuesday fans!! I know you’re all thinking… this isn’t a Tuesday. You’re right.
We were SO EXCITED about our
TWO YEAR ANNIVERSARY CONTEST,
that we had to take over a Thursday post to announce it.
What do you get when you cross a costume contest with STEM Tuesday?
The SECOND Annual October CoSTEM contest!
Muwahahaha (Cue eerie, ghostly music)
As a way to celebrate TWO whole years of STEM Tuesday blogs, we thought we would do a mash-up of literacy and STEM costumes. So drag out your favorite books, take a good look at the theme, then create an amazing, one-of-a-kind, spectacular costume.
- This contest is open to all school-aged students, ages 5 and up.
- Submit a jpeg of yourself or your class dressed as your favorite STEM book.
- Be sure to let us know the title and the author of the book.
- The book must be for readers ages 8 and up.
- All submissions are due by midnight EST November 8th, 2019. (no exceptions!)
- Submissions MUST come from an adult who will grants us permission to post this image on the Mixed Up Files website.
- All images will be judged by the STEM Tuesday team. We will be looking for creativity, subject (how close you are to the theme of the book), and authentic (how exact is the STEM theme displayed)
- Winners will be posted on the STEM Tuesday blog on November 14th, 2019.
- Send your images to the following email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Need suggestions for how do create a CoSTEM? Take a look at some of our examples below:
This book about a black hole Inspired this costume of a black hole
inspired these two girls to make a plastic costume
this book about plastic
Are you starting to see a pattern? Good!
I suppose you want to know about the prizes. Well, here they are:
1st Place — Receives 5 autographed STEM Books + $25 Barnes & Noble Gift card
2nd Place — Receives 3 autographed STEM Books + $15 Barnes & Noble Gift card
3rd Place— Receives 2 autographed STEM Books +$10 Barnes & Noble Gift card
Here are just a few of the books you could win:
HUGE thanks to the following authors for donating copies of their books!
Carla Mooney, Janet Slingerland, Sue Heavenrich, Kirsten W. Larson, Dianne White, Susan M. Latta, Laurie Wallmark,
Julia Garstecki, and Jennifer Swanson
Click on their names to check out other amazing STEM books they write!
Have questions about the contest? Direct them to the same email as above: email@example.com
We hope you will ALL participate! Help us to celebrate a STEM- Literacy MASH-UP, CoSTEM style!!