Greetings STEM Tuesday fans!! I know you’re all thinking… this isn’t a Tuesday. You’re right.
We were SO EXCITED about our
ONE YEAR ANNIVERSARY CONTEST,
that we had to take over a Thursday post to announce it.
Q. What do you get when you cross a costume contest with STEM Tuesday?
A. The First Annual October CoSTEM contest!
Muwahahaha (Cue eerie, ghostly music)
As a way to celebrate one whole year of STEM Tuesday blogs, we thought we would do a mash-up of literacy and STEM costumes. So drag out your favorite books, take a good look at the theme, then create an amazing, one-of-a-kind, spectacular costume.
- This contest is open to all school-aged students, ages 5 and up.
- Submit a jpeg of yourself or your class dressed as your favorite STEM book.
- Be sure to let us know the title and the author of the book.
- The book must be for readers ages 8 and up.
- All submissions are due by midnight EST November 6th, 2018. (no exceptions!)
- Submissions MUST come from an adult who will grants us permission to post this image on the Mixed Up Files website.
- All images will be judged by the STEM Tuesday team. We will be looking for creativity, subject (how close you are to the theme of the book), and authentic (how exact is the STEM theme displayed)
- Winners will be posted on the STEM Tuesday blog on November 8th, 2018.
- Send your images to the following email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Need suggestions for how do create a CoSTEM? Take a look at some of our examples below:
2 girls dressed in plastic Book that inspired this
1 girl dressed as a black hole Book that inspired this
Are you starting to see a pattern? Good!
I suppose you want to know about the prizes. Well, here they are:
1st Place — Receives 5 autographed STEM Books from our STEM Tuesday team + $25 Barnes & Noble Gift card
2nd Place — Receives 3 autographed STEM Books from our STEM Tuesday team + $15 Barnes & Noble Gift card
3rd Place— Receives 2 autographed STEM Books from our STEM Tuesday team +$10 Barnes & Noble Gift card
Here are just a few of the books you could win:
Have questions? Direct them to the same email as above: email@example.com
We hope you will ALL participate! Let’s celebrate a STEM- Literacy MASH-UP, CoSTEM style!!