I’m not usually a fan of aliens. Really I’m not. They give me nightmares and take me on their spaceships and run crazy experi….I mean they’re not real at all and nothing ever happened. It was all a dream. Just a crazy dream.
I blame Kevin Emerson. It’s all his fault. He wrote this book…about aliens and stuff. Maybe you’ve heard of it? Anyway, to make up for the
alien abductions dreams, he’s here today to tell us all the warning signs of an imminent alien attack. A little too late for me, but thanks for trying.
Top Ten Signs that You May Soon be On the Run from Extra-Terrestrials Bent on World Domination
10. You notice sometimes that time seems to go by really fast, almost like you missed it, and you have to reset your bedroom clock.
9. You have this weird song in your head that goes “Shoop shoop ba-doop.” When you look it up, you find out it’s from 1994. Who is Salt-N-Pepa? You weren’t even alive in back then. It’s probably your parents’ fault, or is it?
8. Even though it’s four in the afternoon, you are absolutely craving pancakes.
7. Every clown you see looks more creepy than usual. Also, they look like they would be really good at mixed martial arts.
6. You have this weird sense of déjà vu, like you’ve done all this before, like this same day is repeating over and over…
5. Your town seems to have a lot of construction going on, almost like they’re doing something really big underground.
4. You have a strange urge to itch behind your left ear.
3. You remember a place called Juliette, but you can’t find it on any map.
2. You keep hearing a radio station in your mind.
1. You just got a letter that you won the Fellowship for Alien Detection.
I don’t know about you, but I’m still waiting on my acceptance letter! Uh, I mean…who’s Salt-N-Pepa anyway?
I had the privilege of reading an advance copy of The Fellowship for Alien Detection a few months ago. One word: Unputdownable! If you read any middle-grade book this year, you’ll want to make sure this is the one! And now’s your chance. Kevin has graciously agreed to giveaway a copy of The Fellowship to one lucky reader. Just enter your name below for a chance to win!
Thanks for joining us here at the Mixed-Up Files today Kevin! I’ve got this informative list neatly packed away in my 72 hour kit, you know, for my next
alien abduction dream.
Amie Borst writes fairy tales with a twist with her 12-year-old daughter. Their first book, Cinderskella, releases October 2013 by Jolly Fish Press.